Dear Marketplace Community,
Since acquiring Krrb last year, we’ve had to completely rebuild the platform in order to FIX so many issues and bring it up to date. That day is finally here, and you’ll see that, starting next Monday night, we’ll be taking down the old site and launching a brand new Marketplace by Tuesday evening. Look out for some small changes now, big changes going forward and please let us know what you think.
Founder, Apartment Therapy & Kitchn
Apartment Therapy Marketplace 2.0 has arrived and we're excited to share the changes we've made:
- A new house needs a strong foundation! We've refreshed our code base to improve site speed, site security and reduce random errors.
- We've expanded account sign-in options on a new more secure platform.
- Our Sellers have long asked for more images in listings so we've increased our limit to 10 photos per listing.
- Duplicate keywords resulted in multiple incorrectly-tagged listings. Our new list of set keywords will help ensure classification is standardized across the site.
- We've frozen our Credits feature temporarily to re-evaluate fee structure and provide better value for our members. During this freeze, we've removed credit requirements for promoting and re-listing closed listings. If you're already Certified, don't worry - you won't lose your Certified status.
- Corners are integral to the Marketplace experience, but the name was confusing. That's why we've re-named Member corners to what they really are... Shops!
- Auto-populated IP address-based locations aren't always 100% accurate so we've updated to a manually-set shop location.
- Community-building doesn't stop on-site so we've expanded social profile links to include Instagram.
- To better match our web experience, we've released a new version of the iOS app and are in the final stages of releasing the Android version.
- In compliance with the GDPR, we've updated our communication on how we collect and use your user data. You can review our full policy here.
...And we're just getting started! Marketplace will continue to grow and change this year as we work to enrich the functionality of our website, but we will always stay true to our mission. Apartment Therapy Marketplace will remain a community resource where design-lovers buy and sell unique furnishings to turn their space into a warm, beautiful and happy home.
The newly rebuilt version of Apartment Therapy Marketplace will hit the site Tuesday, May 29th 2018. This deployment will result in service downtime during the hours of 11:00 PM on May 28th through 5:00 PM EST on May 29th and once up, will require members to update their password credentials before they can access their account.
Contact Marketplace@ApartmentTherapy.com with any questions or concerns.