The Apartment Therapy Marketplace Sell It button is a unique feature that allows our members to instantly create listings on Apartment Therapy Marketplace from listings they have already created on other websites, like Etsy!
Here are the steps on how to install and use the Sell It button in any browser:
- Sign into your Apartment Therapy Marketplace account and navigate to our Sell It button page.
- Drag the orange Sell It button bookmarklet from the center of the page onto your browser's bookmarks bar (shown above).
- In another browser tab, find your listing on Etsy and click on the installed Sell It Button on your bookmarks bar.
- A pop-up will appear with your listing information, edit as needed.
- Choose to either Save as Draft or Publish the listing immediately.
- A green pop-up will appear letting you know you have successfully listed on Apartment Therapy Marketplace
- Click the link in the pop-up to view your new listing.
After you have installed the Sell It button the first time, you can continue to create new listings following steps 3 - 7. Do not leave the Sell It button installed on public or shared computers, as you do not have to be signed into your Marketplace account to use the Sell It button.
If you are unable to use the Sell It button successfully, you may have:
- created a bookmark of the Sell It page URL. You will need to and drag the orange Sell It button from the center of the page to the bookmarks bar.
- clicked on the Sell It button while still on Apartment Therapy Marketplace's website. Open another browser tab with your Etsy listing before clicking on the installed Sell It button again.
- clicked on the Sell It button while you're logged into your Etsy account. The Sell It button only works on public pages, so you'll need to log out before clicking on the installed Sell It button again.
- clicked on the Sell It button while on a website that is not currently supported (ex. Craigslist, Ebay...). You will need to navigate to a different website that has your listings or manually create your listings.
- an outdated Sell It button. Remove the currently installed Sell It button from your bookmarks bar and follow the process to install the latest version.